We invite you to help us make a difference by joining our team!
Program Manager Positions (PM)
Rockford Program Manager Opening Rockford is home to four energetic women ranging in age between 40 and 53. It is a unique house as the ladies have lived together for 15 years! All of the women are ambulatory and communicate well. They love to do activities in the community almost daily. They have an active schedule with volunteers, Special Olympics, family events, and Hammer events. The women enjoy exercising their independence and continually work on improving those skills. All of the women can be left alone for short periods of time. All of the women are independent with their grooming and daily personal hygiene, but do benefit from a check in on their progress with verbal prompting as needed. The Rockford women assist with household duties and are able to help with meal prep. During peak hours there are one to two staff with one overnight staff asleep.
This is a full time position and the hours will consists of 3 afternoon/evening shifts a week which will be about 14 hours/week direct care. The rest of the time is dedicated to administrative tasks. Applicants must be female per request of the women living at Rockford. Please apply by Friday October 28th.
Gardner Program Manager Opening This is the home of 4 women who are active the community with many social activities and dates. They also enjoy hanging at home to watch movies and play games together or do manicures and pedicures. All the ladies are focusing on both their mental and physical health daily with our staff team. The program manager would have split hours of direct care and administrative time each week. This position is available to female applicants only at this time. If you are interested in this opportunity please apply by Monday, October 24th.
Want to learn more about each position? Click apply now for the complete listings.
Compensation: Please contact Katie Binning at 952-345-8555 or email email@example.com. Full-time benefits start at 32 hrs/wk. Ability to sign up for extra shifts up to 30 hrs overtime per week.
Referral request: Maybe this job isn’t your cup of tea, but perhaps you know someone who would be a perfect fit! Send them this link. www.hammer.org/careers/ Hammer Residences is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Assistant Program Manager Positions (APM)
Sumac Assistant Program Manager (APM) Opening There is an Assistant Program Manager opening at the Sumac home in Eden Prairie. There are four women aged 28 – 58 living at Sumac. They are mostly independent in their personal needs and are involved in household management, though one individual has some troubles with mobility and balance. The women have varying levels of independence when accessing the community. They enjoy shopping, going to movies or plays, going to museums or the arboretum, swimming, water aerobics, going for walks, and spending time together. The house cat named Glory is very friendly. Staff will gain experience providing emotional support to the women served regarding personal relationships and other issues. During peak hours, the staff to resident ratio varies between 1:4 and 2:4, with one staff overnight asleep.
An ideal APM candidate would have a genuine interest in supporting a woman who has significant mental health needs and another woman who has Autism. This APM position has historically been a great stepping stone for those looking to learn more about the Program Manager position.
Sumac APM Schedule: Monday 9 am – 5 pm, Tuesday 9 am – 5 pm, Friday 9 am – 5 pm, Sunday 10 am-10 pm 36 hours total.
Vicksburg Village Assistant Program Manager (APM) Opening Vicksburg Village is an apartment program that currently serves 13 individuals. The individuals at Vicksburg have a wide range of abilities, likes, and ages, and are a joy to be around. They enjoy utilizing the apartment amenities such as walking trails, the fitness center, or the pool. They also enjoy going out to movies, playing a variety of sports, spending time with friends and family, and hanging out together in the community apartment playing games or watching movies. Each of our individuals needs some assistance with developing the skills to live more independently (i.e. cooking, maintaining their apartments, doing laundry, social skills, and work skills). This APM position is focused on supporting the financial needs of the Vicksburg program and the individuals supported there.
Vicksburg Village Financial APMs Schedule: Every 1st Tuesday of the month from 6pm-9pm: Staff meetings, Wednesdays: 10am-8pm, Thursdays 10am-8pm, Fridays 10am-8pm, Saturdays 8am-5pm 39 hours/week
Welcome Place Assistant Program Manager (APM) Opening There are two males and two females in their 40s and 50s who live at Welcome Place. All four are non-ambulatory and use wheelchairs. All need staff to assist with most of their personal needs and use a Hoyer Lift for transfers. They all have good expressive communication and can relay their wants and needs. The individuals enjoy going shopping, out to eat, watching movies, music and concerts, sporting events and spending time with friends and family. During peak hours there are two staff members in the home with one awake and one asleep overnight staff.
Welcome Place APM Schedule: Monday 4p-11p, Tuesday 4p-11p, Wednesday 2p-11p, e/o Saturday 11a-9p, Sunday 5p-11pm 34 direct care hours with a couple of additional administrative hours per week. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace. Maybe this job isn’t your cup of tea, but you know someone who would be the perfect fit—please direct them to our website or send them my contact information firstname.lastname@example.org. I would love to speak with them about this opportunity.
Direct Support Professional (DSP)
The Direct Support Professional is the most important role in our organization. As a DSP, you will directly support individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. The people we serve live in Hammer’s group homes or apartment programs with the support of caring teams who provide supervision and teach skills, support health, and personal cares, help with household tasks, and offer social and emotional support.
A typical day in the life of a DSP looks like:
• supporting people with intellectual and developmental disabilities to live as independently as possible while working towards their dreams and goals
• assisting with household duties such as cooking, laundry, shopping and cleaning
• reliably following all procedures to care for each person’s health and safety, including medical or behavioral emergencies
• using a computer for daily documenting, on-line training and recording medication administration
• driving a company car to appointments and activities like the Y, dances, bowling, church, Twins games, movies and more
• working cooperatively with teams, families and other professionals
You might be an ideal candidate if you:
• enjoy encouraging and motivating others, like singing along with the radio and laughing at silly jokes
• enjoy finding creative solutions
• get a kick out of teaching someone something new
• pay attention to the details
• think on your feet
• step up to contribute without being asked
• have a valid driver’s license and reliable car with proof of auto insurance
• successfully pass background check/driving record check.
• Are documented to work in the U.S.
• Have strong English skills
You might be extra awesome if you:
• are comfortable using the computer to type notes, complete on-line trainings and document medication administration
• are able to lift and transfer adults
• are over the age of 21
This job might not be the right fit if you are:
• Uncomfortable making independent decisions
• Easily overwhelmed by fast-paced environments
Hammer is awesome because we:
• Provide you with one week of paid orientation which includes medication certification training, CPR, First Aid and other training as assigned
• Offer excellent paid time off—28 days a year for your first two years of employment!
• Give you a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, short term disability, 401k and life insurance.
• Encourage you to take advantage of additional benefits such as education grants and discounts at many local businesses
• Offer a variety of schedules including part time, full time, afternoons, evenings, weekends and overnights.
• Provide free meals while you work!
• Opportunities for advancement and leadership training
Compensation: Call or e-mail to inquire. Full-time benefits start at 32 hrs/wk. Ability to sign up for extra shifts up to 30 hrs overtime per week.
Referral request: Maybe this job isn’t your cup of tea, but perhaps you know someone who would be a perfect fit! Send them this link. Thank you! Hammer Residences is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Individualized Community Service (ICS) Specialist
Individualized Community Services (ICS) DSP
Support Specialist/Hammer Travel Trip Leader
Hammer is seeking two people to become dedicated Hammer Travel Trip Leaders/Full-time Support Specialist.
• The Support Specialist provides support to people who live in homes provided by Hammer Residences, Inc.
• The Support Specialist will float between different Hammer Homes where needed. The Support Specialist uses Hammer scheduling program to pick up hours based on their availability.
• The Trip Leader is responsible for supervising the daily operation of the Hammer Travel trip which he/she is on. He/she will develop/utilize systems to ensure the trip itinerary runs smooth and efficiently.
• The Support Specialist will be required to work at least 32 hours per week and should be able to commit to about 5 Hammer Travel trips per year.
• Must be able to do lifts/transfers.
• Ideal candidates are comfortable making independent decisions, easily take initiative, and enjoy meeting and supporting a wide range of people.
• Support Specialists are paid a differential due to filling in Hammer’s open shifts. While on Hammer Travel trips, pay is based on a different scale.
Please contact Katie Binning, email@example.com for more information.