We invite you to help us make a difference by joining our team!
At Hammer, we are proud to offer you a career with purpose. We value diversity, life-long learning, and person-centered collaboration within a caring and professional workplace environment. As a result of our workplace culture, for seven years in a row, we have been named one of the Top 150 Workplaces in the Twin Cities, by the Star Tribune. Hammer is one of only 13 organizations statewide to receive the honor of this award for seven consecutive years. The award recognizes us for the culture we have created for our Hammer family.
“We are honored and humbled as an organization to know that our staff members feel a deep sense of purpose and direction in their work, and it is with their support that we have become a top workplace. One of our core values as an organization is to provide a workplace where people are appreciated and recognized for their good work,” said Hammer CEO John Estrem. Providing adults and children with intellectual disabilities an opportunity to experience life to its fullest is rewarding and life-changing work. Would you like to join our team? If you would like more information about Hammer or a position contact Katie Binning at 952-345-8555 or email email@example.com
Do you want to go to work knowing that you’ll make a real difference in someone’s life? Do you want to advocate for human rights and motivate individuals to fulfill their dreams? At Hammer, you can do just that! Hammer Residences’ mission is to provide adults and children with developmental disabilities the opportunity to experience life to its fullest. Since 1923, Hammer has provided innovative services for people with disabilities to live meaningful, self-directed lives. Headquartered in Wayzata, we have 37 houses and 10 apartment programs in Hennepin County. We also provide services for people who live in their own homes, case management, care coordination, and support planning services. We are proud to be a Star Tribune Top 150 Workplace for seven years in a row! Check out our exciting career opportunities below.
Assistant Program Manager Positions (APM)
Sumac Assistant Program Manager (APM) Opening
There is an Assistant Program Manager opening at the Sumac home in Eden Prairie. There are four women aged 28 – 58 living at Sumac. They are mostly independent in their personal needs and are involved in household management, though one individual has some troubles with mobility and balance. The women have varying levels of independence when accessing the community. They enjoy shopping, going to movies or plays, going to museums or the arboretum, swimming, water aerobics, going for walks, and spending time together. The house cat named Glory is very friendly. Staff will gain experience providing emotional support to the women served regarding personal relationships and other issues. During peak hours, the staff to resident ratio varies between 1:4 and 2:4, with one staff overnight asleep.
An ideal APM candidate would have a genuine interest in supporting a woman who has significant mental health needs and another woman who has Autism. This APM position has historically been a great stepping stone for those looking to learn more about the Program Manager position.
Sumac APM Schedule: Monday-Friday 10:00 am – 6:00 pm.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace. Maybe this job isn’t your cup of tea, but you know someone who would be the perfect fit—please direct them to our website or send them my contact information firstname.lastname@example.org. I would love to speak with them about this opportunity.
Direct Support Professional (DSP)
Hammer current has openings for Direct Support Professionals in the west metro. We have openings in the following programs: group homes, apartment style programs, 1:1 with people in their private homes in the community, and taking groups of people on vacations through our Hammer Travel division. Check out Hammer Travel!
Do you want to go to work knowing that you’ll make a real difference in someone’s life? Do you want to advocate for human rights and motivate individuals to fulfill their dreams? At Hammer you can do just that! Hammer Residences’ mission is to provide adults and children with developmental disabilities the opportunity to experience life to its fullest. Since 1923, Hammer has provided innovative services for people with disabilities to live meaningful, self-directed lives. Headquartered in Wayzata, we have 36 houses and 10 apartment programs in Hennepin County. We also provide services for people who live in their own homes. We are proud to be a Star Tribune Top Workplace for seven years in a row!
The Direct Support Professional is the most important role in our organization. As a DSP, you will directly support individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. The people we serve live in Hammer’s group homes or apartment programs with the support of caring teams who provide supervision and teach skills, support health and personal cares, help with household tasks, and offer social and emotional support.
A typical day in the life of a DSP looks like:
• supporting people with intellectual and developmental disabilities to live as independently as possible while working towards their dreams and goals
• assisting with household duties such as cooking, laundry, shopping and cleaning
• reliably following all procedures to care for each person’s health and safety, including medical or behavioral emergencies
• using a computer for daily documenting, on-line training and recording medication administration
• driving a company car to appointments and activities like the Y, dances, bowling, church, Twins games, movies and more
• working cooperatively with teams, families and other professionals
You might be an ideal candidate if you:
• enjoy encouraging and motivating others, like singing along with the radio and laughing at silly jokes
• enjoy finding creative solutions
• get a kick out of teaching someone something new
• pay attention to the details
• think on your feet
• step up to contribute without being asked
• have a valid driver’s license and reliable car with proof of auto insurance
• successfully pass background check/driving record check.
• are documented to work in the U.S.
• have strong English skills
You might be extra awesome if you:
• are comfortable using the computer to type notes, complete on-line trainings and document medication administration
• are able to lift and transfer adults
• are over the age of 21
• have experience as a Personal Care Attendant (PCA), Human Services Technician, or an Advocate for people with disabilities or the elderly
This job might not be the right fit if you are:
• uncomfortable making independent decisions
• easily overwhelmed by fast paced environments
Hammer is awesome because we:
• provide you with one week of paid orientation which includes medication certification training, CPR, First Aid and other training as assigned
• offer excellent paid time off—28 days a year for your first two years of employment!
• give you a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, short term disability, 401k and life insurance.
• encourage you to take advantage of additional benefits such as education grants and discounts at many local businesses
• offer a variety of schedules including part time, full time, afternoons, evenings, weekends and overnights.
• provide free meals while you work!
• opportunities for advancement and leadership training
Compensation: Call or e-mail to inquire. Full-time benefits start at 32 hrs/wk. Ability to sign up for extra shifts up to 30 hrs overtime per week.
Referral request: Maybe this job isn’t your cup of tea, but perhaps you know someone who would be a perfect fit! Send them this link. Thank you!
Hammer Residences is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.